Monday, January 14, 2008

i am no longer wise :(

as of today, i have officially removed ALL of my wisdom teeth. hence, not so wise anymore. hahaha.. had 2 removed 2 years ago, and the other 2 today.

twas a traumatic experience.. but this time around, i'm "wiser" (despite only having 2 left) because i came equipped with my iPod! to silence the sound of drilling. wooHoo~ i also maximised the use of local anaesthetic. the slightest pressure, i gave a grimace and ouch-ed, and the dentist would give me another shot of LA. hahaha..

dentists are super nice people. maybe it's a good "defense" mechanism that they developed over the years as a result of people detesting and fearing them. i laughed at the thought of it! it's important to have confidence in your treating doctor. it's important for the doctor to convey that very "message" to his/her patients. my dentists were able to give that very confidence. nice and skillful people they are.

being a medical student has its perks ;) i got a 20% discount. yes!~ although the pain still lingers a bit, but it's bearable.

thank You Lord that the whole experience was not painful. and Your guidance on the surgeon's hands :)

just wanna share this beautiful song which speaks of His finished work, with all of you..

I See Grace
New Creation Church 2007

Jesus my help, I call on Your name
I cast my cares on You
Jesus my hope, my tower of strength
My faith is found in You

Bearer of sin, afflicted and tried
You paid redemption's price
Bearing my curse, You've set me on high
Your death has brought me life

I see You pierced, wounded for me
When I look to the cross I see

I see grace, sealed by Your sacrifice
I see love, reaching for me
Precious blood, washes and sanctifies
Healing flows, setting me free
I see grace.

No comments: