Monday, September 24, 2007

this is a story about a girl

who had a herb stuck in her throat. and it looked something like..... this ->



how did it get stuck there? i seriously have no idea!!! cos all i did was taste the pasta sauce (NO i don't put thorns in my pasta sauce in case you're wondering). anyway, it annoyed me the whole night.. i could actually see it! it's just behind my right pharyngeal arch, with the end sticking out. i could feel it grazing against my tongue and palate.. i tried to take it out, with my eyebrown tweezer, chris tried too! cotton bud, whatever, u name it, we've tried it.. but my gag reflex was working TOO well.. so i decided to go to hospital early the next day so that i could get one of the ED doctors to help me remove it :) so there!

oops, did i reveal the identity of the girl?!

the funny thing is.. because i was afraid my gag reflex might work overtly well with the ED doctor, i decided to skip breakfast, which left me very very hungry. but instead of taking a bite, i went straight for perinatal clinic.. dr E was nice enough to ask me if i wanted to have an early lunch, because she knew i hadn't had anything to eat but i declined saying i wasn't hungry.. seconds later, i hear that oddly-too-familiar sound *growl* that's right. my tummy. grr.. gave me away -_-" embarassing!!!!!!

i spent my whole day with dr E today in perinatal clinic. i saw such a wide spectrum of patients, it was so interesting! and i'm so inspired by what dr E does.. she is one passionate lady! i'm glad to be given the opportunity to be under her. although it went on until 445pm, it was time well spent. i thank God that i'm actually enjoying my psychiatry elective rotation! He changed my outlook on psychiatry, totally, 180 deg..

after that, me & joanne went to watch hairspray!! it was AWEEEEEEESOME!!!!

the songs were catchy and makes you wanna move to the groove. man. it was good!! a recommended watch definitely!!! hee... and we had sushi before that.. yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: