Sunday, May 06, 2007

welcome back, ME!

hee.. hello everyone, seems like it's been quite awhile since i last blogged! which was actually only last week! so many things happened in 7 days, so disoriented to the point that i couldn't even tell what date it is today when the bus driver asked!!! *sigh* haha.. this is christine, for you :D

let's go from most recent.. today's my first day in colorectal!! (for more details check steph's blog) well, on one hand, i'm quite irritated we woke up for nothing, literally.. on the other, secretly thanking God that so many classes got cancelled today cos i'm still mentally quite tired. haha.. but for 1st day, it's pretty good i must say, cos there's food! yummy croissant. hee..

but then again when i saw the upper gi team walked by, a wave of nostalgia ran through me.. i LOVE upper gi!!!!! sigh, maybe that's because it's my first pleasant encounter with surgery so much so i'm inclined to specialize in it. what made me feel worse, my reg called me a "traitor" haha, in a funny joking manner of course.. but still.. i feel so belonged. haha.. so whatever right?!

in church, coming up is the bU winter fashion parade, it's gonna be awesome, with 500 over sponsors, models, dance, music and free gifts!! yay!! ultimate girl's night out :D and we're gonna start a Daniel's Fast & Pray next week.. for 21 days! so excited.. haha.. hopefully i can pull through, of course, by God's strength cos if u know me well enough, i'd rather not eat at all than to not eat meat.. hehehe.. and Daniel's fast is eating only fruits and vegetable. in preparing us for the fast, Ps Ashley pointed out a very important point, did u realize our lives have been centred around food and eating??!! even jobs are centred around meals.. there's breakfast, lunch and dinner and our working hours are arranged to accomodate these meals! so we're not gonna rely on our physical sustenance but on God!

and last week, as most would've already known, chris was admitted to the hospital because of appendicitis.. my poor baby had to endure the pain and the stay in the hospital.. very sam tong to see him in that condition, but thank God for quick recovery, he's up and about on his feet again :D it was quite an experience for the both of us, more so for him, being on the other end of the healthcare setting ie. the patient (and me the observer). now i believe, we can empathize even more with the patients because we can identify with what they're going through. you have no idea how long we had to wait at ED -_-" God has also been very gracious in a sense that, we both have already gotten our assessments for the previous unit and hence last week wasn't as crucial a week for us.. and my team was really nice and understanding when i explained the situation to them :)

One song sums my week, Through It All.

Wonderful Creator, I Love You!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl,i'm glad if you wont mind to share your experiece.I would definately be more than happy.Would you mind email me at valerieundertherain@yahoo.com.my
cause i dont have ur email or msn?
Btw,my name is valerie.Came across ur blogs n got to read some of it. Really inspiring tho. I hope you could take some time to mail n inspired me since i'm kinda lost now. Hope to hear from you very soon. Take care.Cheers=D

Jenna said...

nice photo =) It's pretty much the same doing colorectal at the RAH

christine said...

i'll get bck to u soon valerie :)

hey jenna! aiks~ what's with the colorectal dudes?! haha..