Monday, April 30, 2007

attempt #10385493

at my research proposal..

i've been sitting in front of my laptop since 8.42 pm after dinner.. it's now 10.08 pm, surprise surprise! i haven't started one bit!! so what have i been doing for the past 1 hour ++????????

1. ebay (it's addictive i tell you, sung & chris!!! ur fault laaa...)
- but i'm getting a new handbag (roxy weiii) for only aud10
2. visiting blogs.. i miss u guys la, what to do? want to find out how u all are getting on.
3. blogging (why???!!!)
4. google (ok i did start a bit la.. here's what i typed in the search column)
- cox proportional Lazards ratio (can match chuen's dual chamber impedence agrinometer or something like that)
- Karplan-Meier life table
- sizing calculations and that's abt it. i stopped at clicking the search button.

aghhhh... but nevertheless, having complain abt my research proposal a LOT, now that i look back at it.. well, it IS an interesting topic, and although my research prof is well-known to be impossible but God's favour is still so evident? cos prof kinda worked out the whole frame for me.. i was just too nervous and scared and just kept nodding at whatever he said to even realize what was really going on. but it's actually all there. yeah. i just need to do my part now (which i'm obviously having some trouble doing so by being such a procrastinator).

i got my assessment today! wee.. officially on holiday until colorectal?? hahaha.. no la.. me a good girl, will still go to hospital. i'm happy with what i got.. :) considering it was upper gi. thank you Lord :) amazing grace! especially after the sad dream i got abt failing my attachment :(

here's a funny scene in outpatients clinic:

just as i enter the clinic,

mr b: ok, grab a chair and sit behind me. it's a busy day i won't have much time to teach but i'll do what i can ok?
me: sure :) *yes! no need to answer questions*
mr b: mutters something abt the patient's details/past medical history
being the deaf person i am..
me: hmm? *stands up and peer over his shoulders, thought it would be good to show some enthusiasm*
mr b: can u pls stop peeking over my shoulders??!! (in an 'angry-joking' manner)
me: oops, ok ok.. sorry.. *sits down*
mr b: nah that's ok *grins* don't worry, i won't let you miss out on anything ok?

towards the end,

mr b: it's been a long day eh? (and he still has a 6 file stack of patient notes in his hands) why don't u go get some morning tea? i'll see you tomorrow..
me: really? *leaps with joy within*
mr b: yup yup.. oh by the way.. u look good today. perfect student. white coat..
me: i've got my stethoscope *pats left pocket* and my pen torch *pats right pocket* my pen and my notebook *winks*
mr b: good girl.

hahaha.. cos he "fired" me in his angry-joking manner last wk abt all these things.

Question: if u call a male surgeon Mr.. what do you call a female surgeon? somebody PLEASE enlighten me :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi christine,i saw ur blog entry saying that you are able to speak with GOD. I really wonder how do you did that? How do you speak with someone who never exist? I'm not being sarcasm but just wanna know..I want to have the inspiration from HIM too..

christine said...

hi jenga.. if u could tell me a little more abt urself, and how we can talk either through email/msn i'd be happy to share my experience with u :) cheers~

Anonymous said...

hey girl,i'm glad if you wont mind to share your experiece.I would definately be more than happy.Would you mind email me at valerieundertherain@yahoo.com.my
cause i dont have ur email or msn?
Btw,my name is valerie.Came across ur blogs n got to read some of it. Really inspiring tho. I hope you could take some time to mail n inspired me since i'm kinda lost now. Hope to hear from you very soon. Take care.Cheers=D