Sunday, July 27, 2008

Easy Peasy Smarties® Cookies

I guess it's about time I did something about my abandoned blog.. What better way than to post a RECIPE?? :) :) :)

So I've been on Child & Youth Health (CYH) for the past 2 weeks, this being my last week. Although it's supposed to be a "slack" rotation (says who? boo..), it ended up with a lot of travelling, and waiting around. One day, I'll be north. The other day south. In between, central (+ lots of waiting, I repeat). I guess it's understandable especially for youths (whose issues are mainly sex, drugs & alcohol) that they wouldn't want us medical students to sit in. I guess I wouldn't too if I was in their shoes. But the doctors could have let us go off early huh? So as a result from all my waiting, I saw this recipe in one of the magazines.... All's not lost I guess :) Here you go...

Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
Ingredients (modified):

A

125g butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
beat until light & fluffy

B
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
add into A, mix well

C
1.25 cups plain flour
0.25 cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
sift and fold into the above mixture

place a spoonfuls of batter on to baking paper. flatten slightly with floured fingertips. place random coloured smarties on to cookie dough. bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: