Wednesday, April 16, 2008

hellooo civilisation :)

as of tmr morning.. i'm bck to the comforts of my room, my baby, my church, my central market, my pho.. hahaha.. it's been a wonderful 3 weeks and i thank God for that. the last week was a bit of a drag because after chris, chuen, ken & lenghui spent the weekend here, i realize i missed adelaide so much more! and also because my faourite gp went on leave.. so yeah. haha.. nevertheless, my last day was spent taking bloods, giving jabs, catheter insertion and also removal of sutures. i reckon i could give you a flu jab blindfolded and take your bloods with my arms tied around my back *beams*

enjoyable things about this 3 week stint:

-i get to do it with jebbs :)

-we get to live in such a niceeee house!

-country people are happy people..

-a good insight on what general practice is all about: the trust that's built between patient & doctor, the variety of clinical presentations that you see in one day, plenty of hands-on clinical experience, continuity of care.

-head start/preview to paediatrics (child development) and O&G (antenatal check-up).

-the opportunity to understand the aboriginal community's predicaments better, and also the importance of aged care. even had the chance to experience "chiropractic" manouver first hand!

-my friends came to visit! and we had the awesomest time spent touring the yorke peninsula.. i *heart* moonta bay & port hughes.. and also mr rod gregory for the excellent "beginner's" lesson on wine tasting and for being such a good host :)

-just the whole setting.. of being able to do what i want to do, study when i feel like it, go online, cook, bake, sleep and still have so much time in hand!

-last but not least, bask in His presence, being mesmerized by the work of His hands.

tmr, i head bck to Adelaide. back to the "grind". start ACC2 nxt week :) ready, set, GO!

No comments: