Tuesday, January 29, 2008

2 embarassing moments in less than 24 hours!!

ahh, yesterday night, i was supposed to go to jebb's place to study.. her apartment is just adjacent to mine, but one floor above me (u get what i mean? i don't know how else to describe). haha.. anyway, yeah. but i don't know why, as soon as i climbed up the stairs, i automatically went to the apartment nearest to me -_-"

me: *knock knock*

chinese girl: *opens the door* hi..

me: hi! i'm looking for jebbrine *already half walking into ppl's house!!!!*

chinese girl: but there isn't a jebbrine staying here..

me: *omigosh, what kind of housemate is this? don't even now her new housemate???* she's in room 4, don't worry i'll find her.

chinese girl: *shrugs* oh ok.. *heads back to the kitchen*

so weird.. anyway, i walked to jebb's room and realizes "her room's" light is off! weird!! i just called her!!! it suddenly dawned upon me that indeed i MAY have entered the wrong house! ahhh!!!

me: err.. btw, what apartment number is this?

chinese girl: 68.

me: -_-" *longs for a HOLE to swallow me up* sorrryyyyyyyy.. *runs away, face the colour of a beetroot*

sigh.

then, then, then!!

today i was at the operating theatre's tearoom yeah. and i see this guy who looks like my batchmate. as in, i THOUGHT he WAS my batchmate. so being the friendly person i am, i nodded and smiled. the guy stared at me with this bizarre and weird look!! i was like??!! huH?? only to find out from jebbs later that.. that guy was actually the brother!! the brother??!! how could i make such a mistake? tell me?

malu. malu. malu. i think not having enough sleep for the past few days has its toll.

on another note, today is my second day with the ENT and Facial Plastics people. i must say, i'm thoroughly enjoying this rotation! it's really interesting. the best part of ENT is, you get both adult and children patients! not to mention, we are under a great team, both consultants and regs are so helpful, enthusiastic and they are awesome teachers!!

we spent the whole day in theatre today.. standing 9 hours straight is no joke. with only a 20 minute lunch break. but i do find myself liking surgery a lot.. possible career path? of course paeds and cardio (or both) are still my top priority, but it's always good to keep your options open hey?

tmr's our day off. woohoo.. see, they are nice people :) haha.. i can sleep in. i cannot afford to embarass myself again.

No comments: