Monday, September 10, 2007

Mini SWOT

wee :) i don't have to go to hospital! no no no.. let me correct that, i don't have to go to C3 (Psych Ward) loveeee it! Thank God for Dr Koopowitz who gave us 3 days off to study for our viva. hehehe.. (note: it's not a distinction viva ppl.. haha, i wish it was!)

a funny scene that took place just outside the nursing station, C3...

me, sean & robert waits for Dr S to come out from the room so we can personally thank him (as it's officially our last day in the wards)

me: *humdeedum* he's taking quite a while eh? (while nudging sean)
sean: yalor, should we just go?? we can come back on see him on friday what.
me: *gives him the glare* you mean you want to step into C3 again?!!
sean: ok ok.. we wait.

after what seems like forever, he finally comes out.

me: Dr S, we just want to thank you for having us in your team for the past 5 weeks..
(i must have stuttered or mumbled because...)
Dr S: yes, i've just seen the patient DG and met the new patient X but i noticed you had a tutorial going on so we didn't wait for you. we're going to see KS later if you want to come along...
me:*???!! Quickly regains composure.. tries again* Oh haha, Dr actually we have to go and hand in our case reports and log book to the Psychiatry Department cos this is actually our last day in the wards already. So we thought we'd say thank you before we leave!
Dr S: oh yes.. that's right. it is your last day.. i had the chocolate cake, it was very good. thanks! so any of you considering psychiatry?
sean & robert: ?!! *smile smile*
me: errr, i will give it a think. *nervous laugh* (MSE: either Dr S is tangential or it's my mumbling and he can't understand what I'm saying!)
Dr S: you should give it a thought.. it's the only specialty you can do part time, unlike being a cardiothoracic surgeon. trails off with laughter.. hahahaha..
me, sean, robert: -_-"
me: *self reflection* did i look THAT lazy to him?!

funny right?!

anyway.. i really should be studying..

procrastinating tools in order of severity:
1) FACEBOOK aka bukumuka. it's the ultimate distraction i tell you!
2) my blog. haha.. i'm obsessed? maybe even to the extent of being compulsive to update it.
3) my bed. so inviting.. *yawn* the next thing i know.. i've been asleep for a few hours -_-"

so now that i'm halfway through my questions.. i'm beginning to think i'm a little bit psycho myself? i fit most criteria.. i'm not kidding! but Psalm 121 says He will preserve my soul.

God continues to remind me to seek Him. it was another "wow" moment.. when i downloaded Dr AR Bernard's podcast (u guys should give it a listen, it's really good!), and he spoke about seeking God! hey, it's definitely no coincidence.. what are the odds?

i'm going to my happy place soon :) hehe..

4 comments:

gray said...

wah suddenly update your blog so frantically. must be the psych ward doing wonders.

christine said...

yeah i think it does too! :P

Alexis said...

Hey hey.. your sticky date pudding was fantastic! :) Yep the food fair was ok la... Hans' satay and daphne's sushi was good too. good luck for the viva, as you can see, I'm wasting my time on the internet/facebook/and *gasp* ebay... I think i'm getting addicted to it. *not good not good not good...*

christine said...

hee thks :D i reckon it was a bit too sweet? hmm.. i shld cut down on the sugar nxt time.. yay!! psych's over woohoO!!