Saturday, September 29, 2007

Don't Give Up!

Philippians 1:6

being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

that, is a powerfull promise.. and as I was reading that, I was thinking to myself, I know God will complete it.. but it gets tiring. God reminded me of the 2 battles fought in the past.

Moses' generation

Exodus 17:11-12

And so it was, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed; and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. But Moses' hand became heavy; so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side, and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

Joshua's generation

Joshua 8:18, 26

"Stretch out the spear that is in your hand toward Ai, for I will give it into your hand." And Joshua stretched out the spear that was in hi hand toward the city.

For Joshua did not draw back his hand, with which he stretched out the spear until he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitants of Ai.

I think I'm a bit more like Moses, less stamina, gets tired easily (physically as well haha), but God never said that I have to do it alone. The similarity between the 2 battles is, that they both didn't give up, they persisted to the end. He reminded me the importance of having support, from people around me, working together, to see the completion of this good work :)

No comments: