Tuesday, July 17, 2007

ACC1

it's 2.28pm, and I'm already bck in my room, I've even had lunch already! I've been in this ACC rotation for the past 3 weeks. Let me sum up how it went.....

week 1: i just came bck from malaysia lah, what did you expect? haha.. but i still remember enjoying my 1st week a lot cos it was my "busy" week. And the whole team's really really nice.

week 2: by now, tute's started to get cancelled.. had long hours of break in between which resulted in, MORE coffee breaks. the amount of money spent on coffee? hmm, i shan't disclose.

week 3: Seyin,Layin & Wenhao were here, and it was my cruisy week anyway.. so nothing much done there.

week 4: NOW! tute's are still getting cancelled, it's almost annoying. but i've made a resolution this week, to be a good student.

so here's how today went....

i got up at 7, to make it for the 743 bus, which i missed! and so i walked. which is not really a bad thing, considering how sedentary my life has become :P

anyway, i arrived at the hospital early - 820! just on time to bump into my registrar who tells me that..... the tute is cancelled! ahh??!!! again??!!! but he says there are a couple of emergency cases in the OT, so i thought, hey.. why not? BUT~ by the time they're done prepping the patient, it's already 915 and my nxt tute starts at 930 (by the time everyone arrived, it was 10! poor Mr S. who btw is really nice, he's a retired surgeon, and he's giving students tute out of his own good will! wow..).

so after the tute, at 1115, i wanted to go see a patient! (let me repeat, because i've really ber-taubat and really want to be a good student, so that i actually gain something out of this rotation) I dragged Ian & Robert with me. and, ahem, lo & behold, this, is the FIRST official patient we have clerked and examine. o_O" *applause*

by the time we're done, it's time for the nxt tute - Radiology. and you have no idea how much we dread radiology, but we don't exactly want it to be cancelled again BECAUSE... it's been cancelled for the last THREE weeks! anyway, when we got there @ 12, the registrar wasn't there yet, so... ha! we went for grand rounds, to uhm, get freebies.

it was really funny because me, Ian & Robert pretended to look really interested in the new drug, and the trials that they conducted etc. but what we were really interested in was the free pens, post-it notes and stets tag. haha!! then we got food! which was really yummy this week, they had like truffles, and muffins, and cookies, and samosas (which were oh-so-good!!!), burger sandwiches, fruit baskets.. which was a real blessing cos, i didn't bring lunch, and i AM supposed to save money. i didn't bring cos i FORGOT to make lunch, yesterday was just a zone-out day. sorry baby, caused you not to have lunch too :(

so tmr's gonna be good, cos it's Plaster Cast day! weee...



GUESS WHAT?!!! Phantom of the Opera is in Melbourne like, RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sniff* it's like a dream come true.. i remember me & evelynn used to go goo-goo-gaa-gaa over the movie, we even choreographed a ballet dance for the song, AND i watched the movie at least THRICE! i hope we can get tickets to go watch. anyone wants to sponsor my trip?? pretty please? :D

No comments: