Friday, May 11, 2007

my ambition is to be a...


aunty wendy and karen jie2 can surely complete the above statement for me :P (they still tease me about it up till now..)

i was only 3 years old when they asked me this question -> what do u want to be when u grow up? without much thought i answered 'bride'. i was young and naive ok!! but, the truth of the matter is (whether u admit it or not, explicitly or otherwise) deep within everyone has the desire to get married! and yesterday during the bU winter fashion parade, proved so :) with over 2000 over people seated in the hall, cheering and clapping and enjoying the programme and performances, suddenly 'canon in D' starts to play in the background, and there was a bridal parade! the whole hall just gushed, and swoons.. and i could hear whispers around me,

"gosh, that's so beautiful"

"a bride always look so amazing"

"i'd love to have that gown for my wedding"

i've always loved weddings.. everything's always so pretty and happy and perfect.. but i do recognise wedding does not = marriage. it has got to go beyond that, saddens me to see so many broken ones. if they'd only think about the day they exchanged their vows, the splendour, and the excitement when they first committed to share their lives with one another..

haha.. one of my sappy and emotional saturdays..

No comments: