Wednesday, February 07, 2007

i wish a hole would swallow me up!

today ah. so embarassing ah.. :-( we went for morning handover (where drs from night shift handover new cases to those in the morning shift). then ah!!! there's this interesting ecg case presented.. so i made a mental note to ask the dr if i can have a look at it after the meeting and proceeded to be a good medical student and concentrate on the following cases. so there were a couple of x-rays shown.. and ended at that.. having chest x-ray as the last picture in my mind. so the chest x-ray + the mental note to see the ecg somehow got integrated.. and u know what i did? i approached the dr and said..

"can i have a look at the x-ray please?" while jabbing furiously at the ecg sheet.
then the dr look at me with his brows raised.. "x-ray?"
then i said, "yeah x-ray" (is that so difficult to understand?? weird)
he looked at me, "i think u mean ecg right?"
i turned the shade of beet root red and muttered "oops sorry" and wish a hole would just swallow me up! -_-"

and then, when i went up to my unit.. after awhile the SAME dr came too, to ask my registrar some qns.. he looked at me and laughed (in a snorty way) . malu-nya..........

it's all the coffee's fault! :/ had a late night yesterday, so i decided to have a cup of coffee, anyway, i felt hungry too, so i thought it shld keep me full for awhile. but it ended up making me light headed, anxious and heart beating @ 120bpm. but the coffee was good, heh.. :D

but yup, this week has been really good i must say. i'm enjoying every moment of it. yea! and of course, the weekend's coming.. woohoo..

No comments: