Thursday, February 15, 2007

building rapport

hmm, in a weird way, unintentionally, but it worked! well, not that i planned it or anything.. this morning as i was searching for a patient's folder, which i obviously couldn't find (told u i was hopelessly blur) because u know why? i looked for the wrong bed number! agh.. anyway, i asked the nurse to help me find it.. and yeah, i found out that i'm absolutely blind too! cos, it was just RIGHT in front of me! heh.. ok fine.. took the sticker, flip through medication charts..

suddenly, intern & resident comes along.. we're heading to the icu. wanna come? i'm like, of course! wait for meeeeee......... while i 'gracefully' put this bck. turns a bit, drop my file on the phone as the registrar was a bout to pick it up (and yeah, i'm a big klutz too) *shock.. 1 sec, 2 sec* i'm sorry.. muttered.. the registrar was like, can i uh, use the phone? with my big fat file still sitting on the phone. *blush* yes yes of course u can.. sorry again.

i was absolutely certain he was gonna blacklist me. *oh no!! he's gonna be my registrar nxt wk.. he'll be assessing me.. how how??*

after icu, we headed to emergency department, and guess who i bumped into again..??? the reg! ahh, tries to hide.. but well, hm, after attending to a heart attack patient, he passed me the clinical notes and asked me to go inside to see how they managed the patient. *cool* he came bck after awhile and gave me the ecg and ask me to interpret.. and along the way to the cath lab, he explained it to me.

i guess that wasn't too bad after all? haha.. and somehow, managed to build rapport with my incoming reg. cos i was starting to feel a bit squirmish abt being alone again cos the other 2 med students who were with me will be moving on, my current reg & intern will be transferring to another unit.. which leaves me & matt (resident) only..

oh and it turns out that my intern (monica) is actually a big fan of jay chou & guang liang.. and so, today i didn't feel like i was in australia cos the whole unit was playing jay chou & guang liang's cd. haha.. another interesting thing i found out, my reg (aaron) & resident actually knows their chinese horoscope and 'celebrates' chinese new yr.. they even know the coming year is the year of the pig. i was honestly quite surprised!

and speaking of rapport, i went for joanne's birthday celeb @ this place called chocolate bean. it's this nice cozy little cafe that serves everything chocolate! yum yum.. absolute heaven for chocolate lovers.. and yup, got to know more people from my batch too!

yup, once again, thank God for mapping out everything so smoothly for me. 2 more weeks in cardio unit. i think i'm actually gonna miss this place. i love cardio! and paeds! i'm going to be a paediatric cardiologist *hopes*

No comments: