Wednesday, December 13, 2006

it's a new day!

why? cos my "Operasi Membasmi Sleeping Sickness Dalam Christine" telah berjaya! err, i mean succeeded! woo hooooo.. well guess what? i woke up at 7 today!!! (6.58 to be more exact) but then, hehe, just to make myself feel better, i closed my eyes and wait for my alarm to sound, ha! *triumphant*

i can only expect 2 response out of this:

1) wahhhh, christine actually woke up before me!!! (oh and did i tell u i'm already at the library.. and it's 815 right now)

2) cheh, 7 am only what, i wake up at that time everyday laaa...

ok in order to clear the air.

1) i am NOT gloating. but i'm really happy, & relieved! let me tell u why.. since yesterday, i suspected i have sleeping sickness (non-easily arousable type) because!!! for the past 5 times i went to sleep (naps included), i haven't been able to wake up at the stipulated time, not because i'm very tired, cos i'm obviously not. of course there's the factor of me loving sleep to consider. but the worse part is!!! 5/5 times i can't hear my alarm clock (or should i say clockS).

2) it's a big achievement for me because. ahem, well, i've always been known to be ON TIME (ok laa... slightly late!) at most occasions.

hoho.. so here's what i did to make sure i woke up today. i set my usual 2 "not-so-reliable" alarm clocks (which surprisingly works! wow!!), i had my roommate on standby.. she said she would wake up by 730. reika, my other hsemate, 2nd in line.. 830. and if all else fails, emma would buzz me right after she wakes up. thks emma, only u understood the severity of the situation.. (u see yesterday i came to uni utterly flustered.. and restless knowing that there were "tsetse flies" in my hse, and I was the ONLY ONE with the infection!!) and last BUT definitely not the least, i prayed: God.. i really want to wake up early tomorrow to study. i have less than 3 weeks to finish endo, repro, renal, cns, cvs, respi, hemato & foundation 2. i need to STOP being such a BUM! Thank you... Amen.

and i believed with all my heart that my preparations didn't matter at all, cos i know, God woke me up at 6.58 am today! thank you Lord!!

ok i shall now go and study! happy studying to all sem1s, sem3s and sem5s!!

6 comments:

Jay Low said...

congrats! but u know wat,u woke up 1 hr after i slept...=P

Anonymous said...

hey what tsetse flies?? u have...hmm.. trypanosomiasis?? i hope i'm right abt that...i just read that yest. if i'm wrong...u can do whatever u like to me :P ahaha. i have to agree with u man! today is a brand new day!!!! somehow i got recharged in CF yest :D i also achieved something today! ahah..i managed to sit there and study for almost 6 hrs! with a half an hour break after the first 3 hrs!! (i rly hav very short attention span..u'd know if u saw me in the lib yest :P ahaha..big achievement..faster congrats me :P) ehehe..k..i wanna go for a jog now..perfect weather! :P eehhe..study hard chow chow! :)

Chuen said...

ahahahahhaa tsetse flies in your house? ahahah omg darn funny. don't worry la, you're normal. if it's any consolation, judging by the symptoms you've stated, I'm like a chronic trypanosomiasis sufferer. darnit we need to fog our houses la.

Anonymous said...

emma sees her name! haha.. :)

muaks!!

Anonymous said...

aiyoo!! i can't believe it! i'm really that blur! while i was jogging yest, i was thinking why u said there are tsetse flies...and all of a sudden...it came to me that african trypanosomiasis = sleeping sickness!!!!!!! my goodness! sumore dare to say "sudah baca semalam"...so malu now! :P

christine said...

ee leen, no need to malu la.. :P hehe..

yeah chuen!! we need to fog big time -_-" and produce a paper on this bizarre phenomenon i must say..

i'm able to hear my alarm now!!! *phew* i'm not deaf!