Saturday, June 17, 2006

the before-exam-always-eating-and-sleeping syndrome (BEAES Syndrome in short)

it has gone from bad to worse. haha.. with the ultimate manifestation last saturday. i seriously suspect my repro notes suddenly decide to emit some sort of sleeping gas. i tell u. each time i picked it up, no matter whether i was lying down, sitting on the couch, on the chair or on the floor i'd just drift to a snooze. n it's not a SHORT one. average of 1.5 hrs. -_-" on saturday!! so in total i probably slept abt 16 hrs out of the meagle 24 hrs i had! when i had only 4 more days to study. thank God sunday monday & Tuesday wasn't like that.

it was BIZZARE.. really BIZZARE.. which resulted in me being very very angry with myself for being such a PIG! (i can just hear jack snickering right now -_-") but i really am.. have i mentioned before how much i can eat?? oh yeah.. haha.. go visit makanclub.blogspot.com to see how many other gobblers there are (at least i'm not alone.. teeheehee)

oh well, now that exams over.. i seem to even have more things to do! (and everyone says.. why am i not surprised?) i know i know.. but i'm already being a very good girl by taking a deep breath, swallow, and say no to church dance ministry, piano, upcoming christmas production & my batch's convo mag *sobs* it wasn't easy. but God says let go. n i let go..

now i can concentrate on CF & campus ministry. hmm, but i just wish that i had more encouragement & support from my parents.. i did not enrol in medical school just to study, but i really want to serve God and the people around me every way i can. i think God has proven to be faithful.. that despite my busy schedule, He gives me extra grace & favour to get decent grades.. i truly owe it all to Him.. it's not me. but i thank Him that He blessed me with the ability to study..

upcoming events on my calendar? (chronologically)
1. malaysian studies "truly malaysian - food fair & cultural show"
- praise the Lord, i managed to choreograph the chinese dance in
one night
2. metro's parents day celebration dinner fashion show this
weekend..
3. imucup (cheerleading have to start choreographing already!!)
- oh n i'm miss scorekeeper ;-) so ahem.. all batches.. i keep track
of your scores.. u "sek jou la" :-P
4. preparation for cf committee retreat (God give me the grace to
lead)
5. renal exam (7/7/2006)
6. planning a mission trip to hulu perak's orang asli settlement
with Prof Paul Chen (hopefully i can go too!)

really need your prayers.. other prayer items:
1) selectives (hope i get a good one - preferably with more free
time so that i can catch up on my studies)

2) PMS. i don't know where to go.. i'm torn............
** btw, PMS stands for partner medical school.. i don't know how
many times i have to explain to my mom what it stands for haha..

oh.. n did i tell u?? i'm on a MAGGI PHOBIA right now. YES LI YEEN I AM!!!!! haha... after the terrible diarrhoea i had that day.. i promise myself not to torture my body like that anymore (for a month) good for my hair also.. later botak :-S

No comments: