Friday, November 26, 2004

A Tribute to my Grandfather

In loving memory, of my grandfather (1925-2004)

Grandpa, you'll be dearly missed by all of us.. We grieve as humans, but we rejoice as Christians, knowing that you're safe in the arms of the Lord in heaven. I really thank God that he passed away peacefully, without pain. I know this is only a temporary separation and we'll meet again one day in heaven.

God's grace is indeed sufficient. It is a miracle my grandpa did not feel any pain. Doctors were truly puzzled because the CT Scan showed otherwise. God was gracious to allow my grandpa to survive the journey back home, despite the low BP, in a comatose state. There's one verse that says, God will grant the desires of our heart. & God did. My grandpa's wish was to be home. when he reached home, we were all there beside him.. assuring him he was home. & at the last few moments. i think he regained consciousness & acknowledged that he was home, before he passed on peacefully. I also want to give God all the glory for bringing the family closer together.

My grandpa is a very S.I.M.P.L.E person. He doesn't demand much.. Little things can make him happy. He loves umbrellas. I remember me & my family, whenever we see an umbrella, we'll get one for him. & he receives it gladly. & proudly brings it wherever he goes. He doesn't ask for abalone, escargot.. He's satisfied with a simple plate of hokkien mee, steamed angel fish, hot cup of coffee, red bean soup. He is really a simple man, but one who is responsible & honest.

S - Sacrificial, he may be just a bus conductor. But he managed to bring up 6 lovely children, of
which one of them is my mom, a beautiful lady.
I - Independent, he's self-sufficient. He doesn't depend on others. He may not be highly
educated but he has his own principles..
M - Man of God, head of the house. A man that's able to command the respect of people. He may
not be the most refined man on earth, but I respect him for the person he is. I remember,
he always ask us to pray before we eat.. being a young Christian himself.
P - Presto! Fast! That's what he's like. He eats really fast, walks really fast. One of his very vivid
characteristics.. That I'll fondly remember.
L - Loving. He may not seem loving in our present context. But his love is true, especially
toward my grandmother. 55 yrs together! wow.. & he's really cute. he'll hold my grandma's
hands when they walk. an old man.. guys, learn!
Lastly,
E - Everything a grandpa should be. Period.

I love you, grandpa.

With love,
Christine

No comments: